Healthy Recipes | Cupcake Fashion
Posted: Apr 16 2014
To make the bowl you need Via Healthy Chef
- 2 cups (250 g) frozen blueberries
- 1 banana (frozen ) will give a thicker consistency. Strawberries are also great…use 1 cup.
- handful baby spinach leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon healthy chef superfood or your choice of cold pressed superfood /acai powder.
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 serve healthy chef organic pea protein or Pure native WPI
- 1 cup nut or seed milk, water or pure coconut water – depending on the consistency and taste you want
2 handfuls fresh blueberries and strawberries for the top – Use other fresh fruits if you prefer.
1 banana, sliced
Sprinkle of seeds and nuts
Combine the frozen blueberries, banana, spinach, superfood, protein, goji berries, chia and nut milk into a high performance blender like a Vitamix.
Blend until smooth and creamy – adding a little more milk depending on the consistency you like.Pour or spoon into 2 bowls.
Garnish the tops with fresh berries, banana, nuts and seeds. This yum smoothie bowl is also delicious with my granola.
- 300 g (10 1/2 oz) smashed ripe banana
- 3 free range / organic eggs
- 60 g ( 2 oz / 2 tablespoons) raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 60 g (2 oz/ 1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda ( bicarb soda) + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g ( 2 cups/ 7 oz) ) almond meal
- 25 g (1/4 cup / 3/4 oz) ground flaxseed (linseed) or chia seed
Combine smashed banana, honey, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon. ( the lemon activates the bicarb). You can do this by hand in a large bowl or with a good blender such as a Vitamix.
Add the almond meal and flaxseed and mix well. Lightly oil one loaf tin and then coat liberally with extra almond meal or desiccated coconut – this will prevent the cake from sticking. The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour ( a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry). Cover the top with foil if over-browning. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.
Makes 1 loaf serves 12. keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.