Posted: May 31 2014
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into 8 tablespoons
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two mini 24-cup muffin pans.
For the brownie layer1. In a large saucepan, melt together the butter and chocolate. Once smooth, remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa, sugar, and salt. Whisk in the vanilla and egg until fully combined then whisk in the flour just until incorporated. 2. Fill each muffin cup half way with the brownie batter, spreading to fill the bottom of the cup (roughly 1 teaspoon each). Set aside.
For the cookie layer
1.In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. 2.In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture then add the chocolate chips. 3. Scoop the cookie dough on top of each brownie layer (roughly 1 teaspoon each). Smooth out the dough so it completely covers the top. 4.Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden and a toothpick comes out with very few crumbs. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the cookies to the cooling rack.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 8 strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree the bananas, spinach, and strawberries in a blender.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, sugar, egg, oil, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- Put paper or silicone muffin cups in a muffin pan (you'll need two pans for 14 muffins).
- Spoon the batter, filling each cup about three quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool on a rack and enjoy!