Posted: Aug 23 2012
You may have seen our post on Facebook the other day declaring our love for nail art! If not we're here to tell you right this second, how much we LOVE pretty nails, any shape or form.
Here is an amazing tutorial from The Beauty Department - ENJOY
- Take a section of nail strips from the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails French Manicure kit and cut them in half long ways. You can also do this with tape, but I like using these because they’re pre-cut and fit together perfectly. It would be hard to get this precise with DIY nail stickers, but you can try!
- Next, cut those two in half short ways (following the lines of the nail strips). This will give you four sections of nail strips as seen in photo 2.
- Paint those four sections of nail strips any color you want! We used THIS, THIS, THIS and THIS for a pretty summer palette.
- Now you’ll start laying them down in the traditional herringbone pattern (see image). The best thing about using these particular nail strips is that you can pick them up and lay them back down if you mess up and it won’t pull up the base polish. (Btw, I wish Sally Hansen would sell just the strips by themselves!)
- Lay down the next set just above that. You want to overlap a little like I did with the gold in photo 5.
- Keep going til you reach the top. Take a clean paintbrush and push the sides down. Go around the entire perimeter of the nail.
- Use your cuticle nippers to clean up the excess.
- Add a quick drying clear coat. We use THIS one because it dries crazy fast.
Photos + Steps C/O The Beauty Department
Good Luck girls!